Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy New Year...

WOW...it's 2011, can you believe it?! I have so many things I wanna do this year and I don't know where to begin. I know people say start at the beginning but there isn't always a beginning, sometimes you have to make a beginning and choosing where to start the beginning can be daunting...like the reversible colored cables I wanna learn this year.

I am determined to sit down and figure out how to make my cables a different color while I am knitting, I already know how to do reversible cables (thanx to Knitty Gritty and Ms. Lily Chin) but not how to change the color whilst doing it. As some of you may know I have EVERY episode of Knitty Gritty on my DVR and I just ordered the device that will take those episodes and put them on DVD WooHoo! But I learned how to knit from watching that show. On Fridays I would declare "YAY, it's Friday" and I would print out the patterns from Knitty Gritty and sit up all night on Friday and Saturdays and just learn the new technique, I was soooo determined to learn how to knit and different techniques. Needless to say I had a lot of projects started, I am just getting around to finishing all my UFO's and I have been knitting now for 6 years. I could talk about Knitty Gritty forever and how much it helped me, but the point that I am trying to make is, you won't believe what you can do until you try.

Look back to when you said "I could never do that" and then realize that you are now doing it, isn't that such a wonderful feeling of accomplishment? So I challenge all of you to try something new this year, you may be presently surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment