Sunday, March 28, 2010

HEY KOOL AID...

ok so I just found out that people dye their hair with Kool-Aid...OMG! People drink this stuff, I used to drink this stuff as a child, imagine what it must be doing to your insides...but I digress. I also found out that you can use it to dye yarn...well well now you're speaking my language. I've been wanting to learn how to dye yarn for months now. I was waiting for my baby girl to have her baby, because she is my craft partner and I thought we had to use a toxic dye and I didn't want her or the baby around that...BUT THERE'S KOOL-AID!

So I may have mentioned before that I gave up purchasing yarn for Lent...but now that it is only 1 week away, I have been perusing the KnitPicks site and drooling at all the yarn but particularly the dyeable yarns. Woohoo can't wait...Went to the grocery store and bought my Kool-Aid and can't wait for next Sunday, of course that is also the day that the baby is due, so I probably won't be dying any yarn for a few more weeks. In any case, I am alot closer to realizing my dream than I was a week ago.
Precious Purls what have you been wanting to do and just haven't gotten around to it yet...get around to it honey!

TTYL! Feliz Tejiendo!!

1 comment:

  1. Dying your hair with Kool-Aid can be very detrimental to your hair. Dying yarn... well that sounds super cool. I can't wait to see what comes out of your dyepot.

    ReplyDelete